Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Create your own History!

I was talking to my friend today and suddenly realised that we were talking about all the good / bad things that we did during our college days and how that has shaped our lives. We never knew then that we would talk about all the fun, grief and achievements we lived then, forget about even remembering them.

Achievements seem such a silly word now...however, learning to smoke with style, beer competitions, flirting with a girl, trying to get tickets for a movie that just released were all achievements then. We just enjoyed our day to day lives with gay abandon.

When I started looking for my first job, I was filled with fear about future(not that I am absolutely certain now). The determination to be something was so intense that I would attend all the interviews that I could. When I look back, I feel I have always enjoyed the process of getting the jobs (yes,I changed a couple of them) more, rather than doing the job itself. Happened to meet some wonderful people all through, and also found that some friends who I thought were dear did actually prove to be a*******s .

I Wish I could get back to my college days again and to the beginning of my career when I was searching for jobs like crazy. Deja vu, a couple of yrs ago, I remember posting a blog about being frozen in my childhood when I had no big worries(no, I was not born with a silver spoon or even anything near that) and just enjoyed the simple life.

Now I know, man will always feel like living in the past more than being in future. When somebody reaches a point X in life, they will enjoy their journey to X than being in X itself. I think it is only natural to feel nostalgic about taking that journey again, except that none of the factors would be similar if you ever had a chance to do that. I am getting used to the fact that it is only one chance that is available!

Go on, make today a history(a nice one) and feel good about your yesterday, tomorrow.

No comments: